The Google AdWords Keyword Tool, found at https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal is the best free Internet marketing tool available. It analyzes the number of searches for any given search term across the entire Google search network.
The Google Keyword Tool was designed as an aid for advertisers using Google’s AdWords pay-per-click program, but it provides invaluable information to anyone doing any kind of keyword research: finding a niche, determining what keywords to optimize for, choosing keywords on which to base articles, blog posts, etc., as well as advertising.
Analyzing historical data, the GAKT estimates these metrics for each search term:
- Estimated Ad Position — Where in the sponsored listings an ad will appear at a given cost per click
- Estimated Average Cost per Click — The average amount paid each time someone clicks the ad
- Advertiser Competition — Graph showing relative number of advertisers competing for that keyword in that position
- Local Search Volume — Monthly average search numbers in an area chosen by the user (USA is the default)
- Global Monthly Search Volume — Monthly average search numbers worldwide
- Search Volume Trends — Graph showing search volume for the last 12 months
- Highest Volume Occurred in — Month with the highest search volume