One of the biggest mistakes people make when they start their search for a lucrative niche market is that they try to narrow it down before they do any research.
Time and time again, our mentors see people trying to “help” their niche research by starting off with an interest that’s too specific. Instead of “horses” they might start with “training horses” or “horse riding” or “horse tack.”
That’s going to prevent them from finding the small, unexpected niches they wouldn’t have thought of… and neither would anyone else!
Sometimes this is the worst approach you can take as it cuts out a lot of opportunity you might have otherwise found gold in!
We’ll show you why it can occasionally be a GREAT IDEA to start your research as broad as possible and THEN let the research carry you down new paths.
Case in point…we found the following niches out of ONE SEARCH!
- Horse behavior/horse barn plans
- Repair Trojan horse virus
- Horse gain weight
You will notice fairly quickly that there’s only one thing these phrases have in common, and that’s the word “horse.” But look at the range of subjects they can lead to!
(Here’s a small screen cap of the search results with this in mind):
We arrived at these three very different niches by starting with that one, broad interest word which was “horses”. We then skimmed through the results to find a few interesting-looking search subjects.
Granted, someone interested in horses might know nothing whatsoever about “repairing a trojan horse virus.” But if they had started on “riding horses” they would never have stumbled on the problem of “how to get a skinny horse to gain weight”, or “how to build a stable”.
So the moral of the story is…don’t give up the gold! Don’t over think the initial research – and do approach the results with an open mind.
Here’s the Step By Step Process To Niche Finding With This In Mind:
- Start with a word that describes one of your passions, skills, or interests in hopes that you’ll find a good niche that’s close to your heart. In this case the word was “horses.” Just one word.
- Next step is to combine the interest word with “how” (ie: how horse) and see what comes up in the keyword research tool.
- NOTE: We recommend the Legacy Version of Google Adwords Keyword Tool for keyword research (since it produces real Google search results and its free).
- Once results are in, review the WHOLE list. *Don’t skip this step.
- Get a pen and paper and start writing down ACTION ORIENTED searches that regularly show up in this list.
- This critical research step reveals searches where the “majority” is trying to find out how to do something — in other words, solve a problem.
- Then you can make a decision about which of these action oriented subjects you wish to explore further. You must validate the market next. Then once confirmed viable you can go to town with product development, salescopy and web development.
But wait…if you are asking how you explore your potential niche ideas further, let alone validate them and get the site up, we do have a solution:
You can do all of this through BeBiz. It’s a simple “point and click” tool to creating a professionally designed website, complete with compelling salescopy and the right amount of SEO to encourage plenty of qualified visitors to the site…
It’s incredibly easy to use – - even if you have no business or computer experience.
BeBiz automates all five of the necessary stages of building a new Internet business:
Identify lucrative markets eager to buy whatever you offer them, then find hot products to sell
Find hot products to sell on your website that your market will LOVE
Instantly create a professional-looking website that’s designed to sell
Easily create compelling salescopy that will turn the maximum number of visitors into paying customers
Start accepting payments on your website instantly