As we said in yesterday’s blog post, Facebook is the most powerful social networking site on the Web — and it’s an excellent free tool you can use to promote your business.
Once you have built a community around your Facebook page, you’ll want to send your list regular status updates including interesting and useful information about your business. But what kind of information should you share with your community on this social networking site? That’s a question we often get from our subscribers.
Here are some ideas on how you can connect with people on this powerful social networking site…
- Send them announcements whenever you receive a new shipment of products.
- Let them know when you are about to hold a sale.
- If you’re an offline business, send pictures of your establishment, the location, your products, and people who enjoy your services. If your business has a nice view or is in a part of town where interesting events often take place, here’s your opportunity to showcase them and share them with a larger audience.
- If you’re an online business, share pictures of your work space, home, and even your family if you feel it’s appropriate. This helps to establish that you are a real person that they should want to do business with.
- Share your thoughts about events happening in your community or your industry.
- Post useful tips your audience will appreciate.
- Make exclusive limited-time offers available only to Facebook Fan members.
- Send friendly “suggest a fan” notices to your Fans asking them to spread word about your Facebook Fan page to their friends. (Note: only do this a few times a year maximum, or people might find it too spammy.)
- Link to articles you’ve written on your website blog.
- Invite readers to take part in informal surveys.
When you’re social networking on Facebook, make sure you offer a mix of limited promotional messages with lots of free info such as the tips, photos, and information on events. That way your friends on this social networking site will feel like you care about them and want to help and engage with them instead of only sell to them.
By sharing information like this on Facebook, the world’s most powerful social networking site, you will be able to grow your audience, showcase the best features of your business, and encourage people to visit your main site more often. By surveying them and asking them questions and really listening to their responses, you can also get great ideas for ways to improve your business and increase profits by giving your audience more of what they want and less of what they don’t.
Do you have any more questions about social networking sites? Share them with us in the comments.